Women's City Club

  • 0
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22

The Women’s City Club is a private club which resides in the historic Sweet House and offers individual and business memberships. The WCC transforms their space for ArtPrize. While the main floor retains it's historic look, but with the installation of AP art, the Auditorium is converted to a modern gallery with the addition of contemporary walls and lighting. In 2006, the Sweet House Foundation, a (501 c 3) non-profit, was established to preserve the history and architecture of the house. Martin Sweet, the original owner of the house, was a young entrepreneur when he came to Grand Rapids in 1846. He dreamed of a distinguished and spacious home for his family and in the early 1860’s built this home on East Fulton. This Heritage Hill two-story Italianate Villa home survives as one of the remaining examples of this style of architecture in the latter part of the 19th century. For information on the house or the WCC, please call (616) 459-3321.

Visitor Amenities
  • Free public bathrooms: Yes
  • Free public parking: No
  • Physically accessible: Yes