UPDATE: June 17, 2016
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Flatstock 53 poster contest! Selected at random from both Facebook and Twitter, here are our winners:
- Eric Brenberger -- Austin City Limits poster by Dan Stiles
- Pat Stoj -- Avett Brothers poster by Travis Bone
- Kimber Scott -- Passion Pit poster by Travis Bone
- Kris Caesar -- Mavis Staples poster by Mishka Westell
- Jamie Stewart -- Alabama Shakes poster by Mishka Westell
This spring, we visited Flatstock 53 -- part of an ongoing series of exhibitions presented by the American Poster Institute, featuring the work of many of the world's most popular and talented concert poster artists working today. Over 80 poster artists working in various styles, colors and techniques were in attendance this year, and we had the opportunity to chat with three of them -- Dan Stiles, Travis Bone and Mishka Westell. We picked up some of their posters -- pictured below -- and you could take home any of the five this week (June 13-17, 2016).
Starting today, June 13, we'll share our interviews with the poster artists through Facebook and Twitter. Like or share one of those videos, and you'll be entered to win that artists' poster through a random drawing.
How It Works:
- Peruse the available posters below and pick your favorite(s).
- Find the artist interview video(s) on our Facebook or Twitter pages.
- Like or share the video post by June 16 at 11:59 p.m. EST
That's it! We'll collect all of the entries for each artist and announce the winners on June 17.
Dan Stiles is a Portland, Oregon based illustrator and designer. Over the years, he has collaborated with everyone from indie bands to major corporations in creating posters, identities, advertising, custom packaging and limited edition collectable art. Dan draws from a range of influences including skateboard graphics, album covers, modern art, children’s books, comics, psychedelia and vintage advertising.
Utah-based illustrator and designer Travis Bone specializes in making hand-drawn, limited edition posters. Whether it's illustration, layout, packaging or graphic design, Travis has developed a recognizable style in his work through the use of bold shapes, economy in color and opting for simplicity over chaos.
Mishka Westell is an artist and designer based in Austin, Texas. Throughout her career, Mishka has worked with musicians to create vibrant and organic art, be that record covers, screenprints, or merchandising. Much of her creative influence stems from exploring the musical history and culture in Texas and the United States.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who have "liked" or "shared" any of the three Flatstock Videos posted to the ArtPrize Facebook (facebook.com/artprize) and Twitter (twitter.com/artprize) pages, and who are 16 years of age as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Employees of ArtPrize (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of ArtPrize, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about 6/13/16 and ending 6/16/16. All online entries must be received by 6/16/16 11:59PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by using social media to "like" or "share" any of the three Flatstock Videos posted to the ArtPrize Facebook (facebook.com/artprize) and Twitter (twitter.com/artprize) pages. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of ArtPrize. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of ArtPrize.
5. Prizes: Winners will receive prizes ranging in value from $20 – $50. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for ArtPrize to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Prizes may change at anytime.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via private message on the social platform used to enter the Sweepstakes on 6/17/16. ArtPrize shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content you understand that ArtPrize, anyone acting on behalf of ArtPrize, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: ArtPrize reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, ArtPrize may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by ArtPrize. ArtPrize reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
ArtPrize has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, ArtPrize reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from ArtPrize. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless ArtPrize and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF The United States AND Michigan, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Michigan having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: ArtPrize, 41 Sheldon Blvd. SE, Grand Rapids, Mi 49503. Requests must be received no later than 12/31/16.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is ArtPrize, 41 Sheldon Blvd. SE, Grand Rapids, Mi 49503By Jaenell Woods on