Below find the latest updates + artmaking activities from our team.
At a time when we’re strongest apart, our team is looking ahead with hope and anticipation to 19 days together filled with joy and celebration throughout Grand Rapids. ArtPrize is all about coming together, and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Like all of you, we’re taking each day and week as it comes, learning what the COVID-19 outbreak means for our families, our community and our event. When this difficult time passes (and it will), we believe ArtPrize will play an important role in bringing our community back together, in supporting artists as well as our city’s businesses, restaurants, museums, galleries, theatres and more — our partners in making ArtPrize successful.
At this time, we’ve extended venue registration until May 22. We’ll continue to do whatever we can to accommodate venues and artists in the coming weeks.
More than five months remain between now and our anticipated September 16 opening. A lot can change in that time. We’re working closely with the City of Grand Rapids and our community partners as we thoughtfully plan for ArtPrize.
The event will likely look different as the way people gather changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re prepared to adapt to new realities and produce an event that’s safe, creative, and a celebration of the indomitable spirit of our community.
Stay strong, we’ll get through this together (remotely).
Important Updates to Note
- Venue Registration is extended, running until June 18
- Artist Registration is extended, running until June 18
- Artist-Venue Connections will begin in early June
- 5 Tips for Making #ArtAtHome
- Make Your Own Air-Powered Car
- Make Your Own Color Harmony Spinner
- The Healing Power of Art
- Make Your Own Paper Cut Projections
- Make Your Own Penny Pixel Drawing
- Make Your Own Braided Bracelet
- Color a Postcard and Write Your Own Statement of Self
- Make Your Own Floating Mobile
- Make Your Own String-and-Knot Card
- More coming soon!
Image: Something In Us Is The Same (I Agree, I Agree) by Shannon Mossing. Photo by Jeff WilkinsonBy ArtPrize on