We're excited to partner with West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum's "Imagine Trash Partner Program" for ArtPrize Nine! Are you an ArtPrize Nine venue? Interested in reducing your environmental impact by starting, expanding or streamlining your facility's recycling and composting? We've got you covered, with a special promotion to get you on your way.
In 2016, we partnered with the Wege Foundation, the City of Grand Rapids, Kent County, West Michigan Environmental Action Coalition (WMEAC), and The Image Shoppe to bring the S.O.R.T. event recycling program to ArtPrize Eight - providing waste-sorting stations, volunteers and educational support at six stations throughout the eighth annual event. The program ultimately won the Governor’s Excellence in Recycling Award and set a new standard for recycling and composting.
This year, we're challenging ArtPrize Nine Venues to adopt S.O.R.T. (Separate Out Recycling and Trash) practices of their own - and we've got everything you need to get started.
West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum and Kent County Department of Public Works put together a package of free resources that provide participating Venues everything you need to implement recycling and composting for visitors during ArtPrize Nine and throughout the year, while also establishing meaningful operational improvements:
Here's what you'll receive:
- Walk-through and waste audit with an experienced sustainability professional
- Attractive recycling containers (pictured above), available with or without compost container. Manufactured locally by RecycleBoxBin
- Facilitation of recycling services during ArtPrize Nine for qualifying venues
- Evaluation of your organization’s waste stream and outline of opportunities for waste diversion
- Action report highlighting your current recycling rate and potential improvements
- Guidance and resources on how to set-up receptacles, change purchasing behavior and educate employees
- Opportunity to be featured in media coverage and promotions during ArtPrize
Be prepared to provide information on your current trash and recycling services, including a recent invoice. Walk-throughs require approximately one hour of facility access.