Welcome to your ArtPrize DAILY. The ArtPrize DAILY exists to keep you in the loop -- delivering the ArtPrize scoop to your inbox every morning during the 19-day event. It's a one stop info package, offering a concise recap on the previous day's events, a look forward to the day ahead, and handy tips to help you make the most of your visit.
It’s the first weekend of ArtPrize Seven -- get out there and vote for your favorite entries!
ArtPrize On Screen, presented by Waterfront Film Festival continues today with screenings of Still Dreaming, 20 Years Of Madness, Saturday Shorts, Night Owls, Imperial Dreams and Last Days in The Desert -- Get a full list of screening + event times.
- Visit the ArtPrize Labs: 3-D Studio today at The HUB between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. -- Activities include a project inspired by the 2014 Public Grand Prize Winner, Intersections, a temporary sculpture challenge, origami thought balloons, and featuring Josh Herman: Marvel Character Sculptor.
- #FoundersKeepers continues today in the Hillside neighborhood -- stay tuned to the ArtPrize Facebook and Twitter for clues! You could be the lucky winner of a $25 Founders gift card. Get details.
- Kendall College of Art and Design are hosting a Family Tour today at 1 p.m.-- Meet at the Family Tour sign at The Fed Galleries inside the Woodbridge N. Ferris building a few minutes before the scheduled time. No registration is required. Learn more.
- Head downtown to the African-American Art and Music Celebration at Calder Plaza until 10 p.m. today for music, food and fun!
Vote! ArtPrize Seven is currently in the Round 1 phase of voting. During this time every Entry at every Venue in the ArtPrize District is in the running for big prizes. You have until Oct. 3 at midnight to vote for the artwork you think deserves a spot in the Public Vote Final 20. Download the free ArtPrize Seven mobile app (for iOS and Android devices) and register now!
- Waterfront Film Festival continues into the evening with screenings of Imperial Dreams at 6 p.m. and Last Days in the Desert at 8 p.m.
- The Go Rounds are playing at Pyramid Scheme tonight -- this concert is FREE for ArtPrize Seven badgeholders -- get more information.
Next Milestone event: Critical Discourse kicks off September 28th at 7 p.m. in the ArtPrize HUB auditorium with the Jurors' Shortlist Event -- televised live on WOOD TV8. The jurors of the category awards will each present and discuss a list of five nominees for their awards.
BIKE SHARING AT ARTPRIZE
Local bike share company, Spokefly have made a handy video helping you understand how their bike share works -- it's simple:
Alternatively you can Uber your way around the event! Hitch a ride to your favorite ArtPrize Tonight event on the other side of town with ease. New Uber users get up to $20 off their first ride with code ARTPRIZE15.
Waterfront Film Festival kicked off yesterday with festivities all afternoon -- the fun continues all weekend!
Link Sessions began yesterday, offering ArtPrize Seven artists an opportunity to speak with arts professionals about their practice.
Check out today's top #ArtPrize tweet and get more stories from MLive.
Love ArtPrize? Join the ArtClub!
Experience ArtPrize at a whole new level. Members enjoy exclusive access to the ArtPrize Clubhouse, valuable discounts, and special events and programming during ArtPrize -- and all year-round. Learn more here, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receive the ArtPrize DAILY straight to your inbox and stay in the know throughout the 19-day event.
Special thanks to our proud Sponsors (see all Sponsors):
By Emma Higgins on