Welcome to your ArtPrize DAILY. The ArtPrize DAILY exists to keep you in the loop -- delivering the ArtPrize scoop to your inbox every morning during the 19-day event. It's a one stop info package, offering a concise recap on the previous day's events, a look forward to the day ahead, and handy tips to help you make the most of your visit.
It’s almost the first weekend of ArtPrize Seven and Round 1 Voting -- presented by Meijer -- is underway, with over 27,000 votes already cast!
ArtPrize On Screen, presented by Waterfront Film Festival begins today at 1:30 p.m. With 22 film screenings over the course of three days, this promises to be a very special event! Get screening + event times.
- Stop by one of the ArtPrize Labs, Drop-in Studios today at either the Access Art Lounge between 12 - 8 p.m. or The HUB between 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. with your family for a self-directed creative experience. This program was designed in partnership with Teaching Artist, Kelly Allen.
- Visit the PNC Mobile Learning Adventure pop-up tent betwen 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. today down at Veteran's Memorial PArk (101 Fulton St.). This event was created to provide an opportunity for parents and caregivers to learn about the importance of early childhood education while they engage in fun activities with their kids.
ArtPrize Seven is currently in the Round 1 phase of voting. During this time every Entry at every Venue in the ArtPrize District is in the running for big prizes. You have until Oct. 3 at midnight to vote for the artwork you think deserves a spot in the Public Vote Final 20. Download the free ArtPrize Seven mobile app (for iOS and Android devices) and register now!
- Waterfront Film Festival continues into the evening with screenings of The Strongest Man at 6 p.m. and Honeyglue at 8 p.m.
- If theatre is more your thing, check out The Great Gatsby playing at the Civic Theatre at 8 p.m.
- St. Cecilia Music Center has organized over 150 live free performances at five different official ArtPrize Busking Sites throughout the city. Watch musicians between 5 - 8 p.m. tonight -- get more details.
Next Milestone event: Critical Discourse kicks off September 28th at 7 p.m. in the ArtPrize HUB auditorium with the Jurors' Shortlist Event -- televised live on WOOD TV8. The jurors of the category awards will each present and discuss a list of five nominees for their awards.
ACCESSIBILITY AT ARTPRIZE
DisArt Festival have created a series of videos to help inform disabled visitors to ArtPrize Seven and Grand Rapids of what to expect when they get downtown, how to get downtown & how to get the best experience possible from their visit this year. First up is Site:lab's Rumsey Street Project, Part 1 -- (access part 2 here)
Waterfront Film Festival were busy today putting the finishing touches to their headquarters at 61 Sheldon Blvd. -- festivities kick off tomorrow afternoon.
Honda Design and Drive contestants were busy yesterday beautifying their Honda vehicles down at Rosa Parks Circle -- artists will be working on the cars until September 28th!
Check out today's top #ArtPrize tweet and get more stories from MLive.
Love ArtPrize? Join the ArtClub!
Experience ArtPrize at a whole new level. Members enjoy exclusive access to the ArtPrize Clubhouse, valuable discounts, and special events and programming during ArtPrize -- and all year-round. Learn more here, or send us an email to email@example.com.
Receive the ArtPrize DAILY straight to your inbox and stay in the know throughout the 19-day event.
Special thanks to our proud Sponsors (see all Sponsors):
By Emma Higgins on