Which artist will take home the $200,000 Public Vote Grand Prize? Your journey at ArtPrize begins with a single vote.
Register to Vote
Option 1: Register on the go with the ArtPrize mobile app
Download the ArtPrize mobile app, free for iOS and Android, and avoid the lines at Voting Sites. Just be sure that you’re within the ArtPrize boundaries, and your phone’s location services (GPS) is turned on for the ArtPrize app—we need to verify that you’re here and that you’re you to complete voter registration.
With the free ArtPrize mobile app you’ll enjoy:
- Voting for the art you love
- Learning more about the art and artists you discover
- Exploring all of ArtPrize with the Interactive Map
- Finding your favorite events
- Staying connected to ArtPrize announcements and updates
Option 2: Register in person at an ArtPrize Voting Site
Visit any Voting Site and present a government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport). You’ll be asked a few questions to verify your identity and then you’ll be on your way to start voting.
You can register to vote in person during ArtPrize Seven at:
- ArtPrize HUB (open 9/19 – 10/11)
- Grand Rapids Art Museum
- Women’s City Club
- Gerald R Ford Presidential Museum
- Monroe Community Church
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
- SiTE:LAB / The Rumsey Street Project
Cast Your Votes
Now that you’re registered, go enjoy and explore the ArtPrize Venues to see as much as you can. Use your Event Guide or ArtPrize mobile app to help discover art all over the city.
Each Artist Entry is displayed with an Artist Label, which includes the title of the Entry, the artist’s name, and a unique five-digit Artist Vote Code.
And you can cast your votes in any of three ways:
- Via the ArtPrize mobile app: With your mobile device, you can download the free ArtPrize app for iOS or Android to make your voting easy while you walk through the event. You can use the app to search for specific Entries or even discover art near you. Simply tap the "Vote for this Entry" button on an Entry to cast your vote.
- Online at artprize.org: Sign in to your artprize.org account and go to the Find Art page. Here you can find the art you’ve seen and liked, and then easily click the “Vote” button next to the Entry to cast your vote. You can also search for Entries by title, artist name, or Artist Vote Code, as well as browse and filter art by Venue or category.
- By text message (SMS): If you don't have a smartphone, you can still vote on the go by texting Artist Vote Codes to 808080. To vote by text, be sure to add your mobile phone number to your artprize.org account and follow the simple set up instructions in the confirmation text message. You can do this at any Voting Site or online at artprize.org.
Don't forget, there are two rounds of voting. In Round 1 (9/23 at Noon through 10/3 at 11:59 p.m.), you vote to choose the twenty Public Vote Finalists.
In Round 2 (10/4 at 2 p.m. through 10/8 at 11:59 p.m.), you vote again to choose the winners from within the Final 20. The Entry with the most votes will then win the Public Vote Grand Prize.
View and Change Your Votes
You can see your voting history online and change your votes easily by signing into your ArtPrize account on artrprize.org and selecting “Votes”. Your history will appear immediately. If you vote by text message, you’ll receive a confirmation of each vote by text as required by your texting service; text message votes will appear in your online voting history on artprize.org shortly after.
You can change your votes at any time during Round 1 by deselecting an Entry, your votes are locked once voting closes. During, Round 2 you can change your votes on the Final 20 up until voting closes.
Find Out Who Wins
The top five entries in each category will be announced at the Final 20 Announcement on October 4 (we’d love to see you there), and the winners of $500,000 in awards will be announced at the Seventh Annual ArtPrize Awards on October 9. Attend the public watch party or tune in on WOOD TV8 at 7:45 p.m.By Jillynn Reese on