Welcome to your ArtPrize Newsletter. The ArtPrize Newsletter exists to keep you in the loop — delivering the ArtPrize scoop to your inbox during Preview Week and throughout 19-day event. It's a one-stop info package, offering a concise overview of what to look forward to during the week and weekend, and handy tips to help you make the most of your visit.
What Can I Do This Weekend? (Sept. 21-23)
Take full advantage of the sunshine and clear skies this weekend. Get out and explore ArtPrize and our city—discover something new, visit as many venues as possible, attend events at our new Visitor Pavilion at Rosa Parks Circle, and participate in the variety of free activities around town.
- Cast your vote for your favorite entries. Round 1 runs through Sat., Sept. 29 at Midnight.
- Stop by our new Visitor Pavilion at Rosa Parks Circle, the epicenter of all things ArtPrize 10 with technology provided by Trivalent.
- Catch a free film screening through ArtPrize On Screen, produced by Studio C and presented by the Michigan Film & Digital Media Office.
- Explore local small businesses that are part of the Grand Rapids community at our new ArtPrize Small Business Marketplace.
- Celebrate our diverse community at the African American Art & Music Festival.
- Enjoy live music, painting, family activities and more at the WestSide StreetFair.
- Tell us about your ArtPrize 10 experience — your feedback is invaluable.
What's the Latest News?
- Follow us on a virtual tour of the new ArtPrize Visitor Pavilion.
- Watch the ArtPrize Artist Week Session: Navigating the Marketplace.
- Check out these eye-catching entries near the Grand River.
- Cast your vote for your favorite ArtPrize SmartArt entry by noon on Thursday, Sept. 27.
Photo: "We are the Music Makers/We are the Dreamers of Dreams" by Shaina Kasztelan
How Can Kids Get Involved?
Calling all kid artists! ArtPrize offers an array of FREE activities for families and kids of all ages to participate in.
Happening This Weekend:
- Participate in a family-friendly STEAM Lab activity, featuring The Air Zoo and FIRST® Robotics.
- Head to Ah-Nab-Awen Park to check out the ArtPrize Mobile Workshop sponsored by Herman Miller Cares, and the ArtPrize Mobile STEAM Lab.
- Join John Ball Zoo in Rosa Parks Circle for an interactive family event featuring some fun animal visitors.
- Stop by the Downtown Market for an impactful and unique creative experience with Artists Creating Together.
- Make your own work of art with ArtPrize Labs in the GRAM Drop-in Studio.
- Get creative in the TinkerLab and enjoy creative challenges inspired by past ArtPrize winners at the ArtPrize STEAM Lab, powered by Switch.
- Explore ArtPrize and our city on a Family ArtPrize GO Scavenger Hunt.
Photo: "The World Beneath the City" by Cracking Art.
What’s Everyone Sharing?
ArtPrize is all about exploring new perspectives, creating lasting memories and enjoying captivating art. Show us what pieces move you, strike you as unique or are just visually appealing by tagging your photos with #ArtPrize10. We’re ready to share the ArtPrize visitor experience one picture at a time!
Above is a snapshot of ArtPrize 10, shot by these Instagrammers:
How Can I Support ArtPrize?
ArtPrize is a nonprofit organization. Your support helps the event thrive year-over-year, elevating the artists, venues and educators that create a world-class exhibition and generate learning opportunities for all.
Below are a couple ways you can support ArtPrize this fall and year-round:
- Donate: Help someone else create an unforgettable experience at ArtPrize and build memories to last a lifetime. Your gift, no matter the size, combined with the gifts of hundreds of other supporters will help artists realize ambitious projects, make it possible for thousands of students to explore contemporary art, and so much more.
- Buy Merch: Stop by the ArtPrize Pop-Up Shop at 111 Lyon St NW or your local Meijer Store to pick up ArtPrize 10 merchandise, including commemorative clothing, pint glasses and mugs, a limited edition pillow, and more. You can also shop many items online.
- Volunteer: Join the nearly 1,000 volunteers who step forward to welcome hundreds of thousands of visitors to ArtPrize each fall. We couldn't do it without you.
- Share Your Story: What’s your favorite memory from the event? Is there a piece of artwork that’s moved you, challenged you, brought you to tears? How do you think ArtPrize has changed our community? How has your relationship with art changed since visiting the event? Help us celebrate 10 years of ArtPrize—share your story.
Thank You Sponsors
Support from our corporate sponsors represented our largest source of revenue in 2017, accounting for 58% of ArtPrize’s $3.5 million operating budget. This support, combined with individual giving, retail sales and more makes ArtPrize possible each year.By Media on