It’s undeniable. When 500,000 people converge on three-square miles of a city over 19 days, there’s bound to be an increase in waste created. Reducing the overall ecological footprint of ArtPrize through alternative transportation solutions, waste diversion and sustainable living practices is incredibly important to us, and we hope to you too. Join us this fall as we seek to keep our city clean and green.
1. Fill Your Water Bottle
Beat the heat, stay hydrated and be good to the environment with the ArtPrize Water Share Program presented by Spectrum Health. It’s as easy as 1-2-3.
- Step 1: Bring your reusable water bottle to ArtPrize.
- Step 2: Look for the Water Share sticker in nearly 40 participating ArtPrize venue windows around town.
- Step 3: Fill-up your water bottle and enjoy.
Get your own ArtPrize Water Share sticker at the Visitor Pavilion in Rosa Parks Circle.
2. Recycle + Compost = S.O.R.T.
For the third consecutive year, you can dispose of your organic matter, recycling and trash responsibly by Separating your Organic, Recycling and Trash at S.O.R.T. Stations throughout the ArtPrize district. Find bins and helpful volunteers to answer any questions you might have at Rosa Parks Circle, the Gillett Bridge and Ah-Nab-Awen Park.
3. Choose Alternative Transportation
Photo courtesy of the City of Grand Rapids.
Through partnerships with our friends at Mobile GR and Blue Cross Blue Shield, ArtPrize works to promote alternative transportation to lower carbon impact, promote equity and encourage healthy living. Whether it be by bus, bike or on foot, find an environmentally-friendly transportation option that works best for you as you explore ArtPrize 10.
- Bike: Not only is it a fun way to get some exercise, but it’s also a quick and easy way to get around downtown Grand Rapids without having to worry about parking your car. So grab your bike (and helmet!) and gear up for some ArtPrizing.
- Bus: Pick up an ArtPrize Metro Pass for just $5 to get unlimited rides on the Silver Line and 10 rides on The Rapid’s fixed routes. Thanks to Blue Cross Blue Shield, Rapid Rides to ArtPrize is returning this year to give away 10,000 Metro Passes through our ArtPrize Early Childhood Days program and through community partners.
- Walk: The Pantone Pathways, presented by X-Rite Pantone, return to ArtPrize 10 and will take you within one block of most ArtPrize venues. All five start at the Visitor Pavilion—simply follow the colorful sidewalk stencils to visit venues on the route. All Pantone Pathways are curated with your accessibility in mind.