You asked and we answered! We're thrilled to bring you an exhilarating tour experience at ArtPrize NIne.
Not quite sure where to start, or looking for a fresh new perspective on the annual event? Take a tour of ArtPrize Nine and our city with us!
ABOUT THE TOUR
The ArtPrize Nine tour, produced by the ArtPrize team, has been specifically designed to draw your attention not only to artwork that is entered into the 2017 event, but also iconic artworks that are permanent to the city of Grand Rapids - including La Grande Vitesse by artist Alexander Calder, Motu Viget by artist Mark di Suvero, and Ecliptic by Maya Lin.
Start with us at the ArtPrize HUB/HQ (41 Sheldon Blvd) where we'll kick things off with an introduction to ArtPrize and its history, along with what it all means to Grand Rapids and you as a voter. Then the fun will begin as we venture out into the city to see numerous artworks on our way to the three permanent pieces mentioned above. Enjoy all of the works along the way and push yourself to explore and have fun amongst the hustle and bustle that is Grand Rapids.
This experience will promote an open discussion when viewing works of art that will seek to challenge definitions, encourage a deeper understanding of what makes ArtPrize, the artists and Grand Rapids at large so unique while encouraging independent exploration during our time together and beyond.
GET YOUR TICKETS
These tours are limited to twenty people per group, to give every person an opportunity to ask questions and learn useful skills to have the best ArtPrize experience possible. Be sure to secure your tickets soon as they'll go fast! Any visitors 13 years or older are welcome to join our afternoon tours which start at 1:30 p.m., and we encourage that any participant 18 years or younger is accompanied by an adult.
Looking for an evening experience? We've got you covered. There will be two tours, September 28 and 29, starting at 6:30 p.m.
Find the date and time that works best for your schedule below, and click the link to reserve your tickets. Be sure to make note of the start location - the majority start at HUB/HQ, but our two evening tours start at Rosa Parks Circle.
- September 20, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- September 21, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- September 22, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- September 23, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- September 24 - No tour scheduled
- September 25, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- September 26, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- September 27, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- September 28 - No tour scheduled
- September 29, 6:30 p.m. at Rosa Parks Circle
- September 30, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- October 1, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- October 2 - No tour scheduled
- October 3, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- October 4, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- October 5, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- October 6, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- October 7, 1:30 p.m. at HUB/HQ
- October 8 - No tour scheduled
Note: The ArtPrize HUB/HQ is located at 41 Sheldon Blvd SE 49503. Wondering where to park? Check out our "how to prepare" tips below.
HOW TO PREPARE
- Download the ArtPrize app, free for iOS and Android, and sign in! Once you enter the ArtPrize district, you'll automatically be ready to cast your first vote.
- Check out your parking options. These tours take off from either the ArtPrize HUB/HQ or Rosa Parks Circle. If you're planning to drive into downtown Grand Rapids, be sure to take a look at our parking tips and tricks.
- Wear comfortable shoes, as we'll be doing a lot of walking! The tour will be about 1.3 miles from start to finish.
- Prepare for the weather. We'll be touring ArtPrize rain or shine, so be sure to check the day's forecast and prepare accordingly. We suggest dressing in layers in case the infamous Michigan weather makes a hairpin turn somewhere along the way. Also, we'll have a few umbrellas on hand to lend out if it looks like rain.
We hope you'll join us for an ArtPrize tour this season!By ArtPrize on