ArtPrize has joined forces with Spotlight616 to create the Fashion Force Challenge, a brand new custom-designed competition to West Michigan, created just for up-and-coming fashion designers. Today we announce our judges:
- Melissa DeVos - ArtPrize retail ambassador
- Benjamin Edgar - Designer, thinker, entrepreneur behind clothing brand BENJAMIN EDGAR, and Boxed Water
- Lindsay Jones - Graphic artist at Square One Design, creators of 2012 ArtPrize poster
- Chika Okafor - Graphic artist at ArtPrize, designer of 2012 ArtPrize retail line
- Chelsea Slocum - Lifestyle writer for West Michigan Woman and Serendipity Media focusing on style, family, and relationships
- Rebecca Wierda - President of Leigh's and style maven
This DESIGNER-driven competition puts a spotlight on the most promising designers in the emerging Grand Rapids fashion community. Contestants will take items from the ArtPrize clothing line and create new fashions and expressions. Judges will review these fashions during a runway show at Monte's Lounge (formerly The Establishment).
The ArtPrize® Fashion Force Challenge will take place on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 6:30 p.m.
One talented designer will become the official 2012 Fashion Force Ambassador--a fashion designer by day and ArtPrize superhero by night!