Welcome to your ArtPrize Newsletter. The ArtPrize Newsletter exists to keep you in the loop — delivering the ArtPrize scoop to your inbox during Preview Week and throughout 19-day event. It's a one-stop info package, offering a concise overview of what to look forward to during the week and weekend, and handy tips to help you make the most of your visit.
What Can I Do This Week? (Sept. 24-28)
Tonight, the ArtPrize 10 category jurors will announce their shortlists. The five category jurors will reveal which 20 artist entries and five venues wowed them, and why. Join the live audience at Rosa Parks Circle or watch on WOOD TV8.
There's plenty more to see and do this week:
- Don't miss Ran Ortner, the $250,000 winner of the inaugural ArtPrize event for "Open Water No. 24,” as he kicks off our ArtPrize Studio Series, powered by ITC, Your Energy Superhighway.
- Hear voices in the local and national Disability Art Community discuss the worlds of fashion, art and style.
- Experience the power of art of and movement with ArtPrize+ @ the Calder Plaza, sponsored by Spectrum Health and Amway, and hosted by Funky Buddha Yoga Hothouse.
- Join us for a dynamic conversation about the crucial importance of STEAM education.
- Experience two epic days and nights of live music on the Blue Bridge.
- Burn calories and see tons of art with Grand Rapids Walking Tours.
- Tell us about your ArtPrize 10 experience — your feedback is invaluable.
Find more events and happenings at artprize.org/events and on our free mobile app.
What's the Latest News?
- Get a few tips + tricks for ArtPrizing with ease.
- Learn more about how UICA’s ArtPrize 10 exhibit coincides with their public art initiative.
- Follow these tips to find fun for the whole family.
- Meet the West Michigan locals who have been hosting ArtPrize artists since 2010.
- Don't miss these 9 artists from Detroit .
Photo: "PULSE Nightcllub: 49 Elegies" by John Gutoskey
How Can Kids Get Involved?
Calling all kid artists! ArtPrize offers an array of FREE activities for families and kids of all ages to participate in.
- Get creative in the TinkerLab and enjoy creative challenges inspired by past ArtPrize winners at the ArtPrize STEAM Lab, powered by Switch.
- Explore ArtPrize and our city on a Family ArtPrize GO Scavenger Hunt.
- Test your art skills and collect the complete series of ArtPrize Discovery Deck post cards!
- Encourage conversations, connections and reflections during your art-filled journey.
- Check out our Family Experience Guide, created in partnership with GRKids.
What’s Everyone Sharing?
ArtPrize is all about exploring new perspectives, creating lasting memories and enjoying captivating art. Show us what pieces move you, strike you as unique or are just visually appealing by tagging your photos with #ArtPrize10. We’re ready to share the ArtPrize visitor experience one picture at a time!
Above is a snapshot of ArtPrize 10, shot by these Instagrammers:
How Can I Support ArtPrize?
ArtPrize is a nonprofit organization. Your support helps the event thrive year-over-year, elevating the artists, venues and educators that create a world-class exhibition and generate learning opportunities for all.
Below are a couple ways you can support ArtPrize this fall and year-round:
- Donate: Help someone else create an unforgettable experience at ArtPrize and build memories to last a lifetime. Your gift, no matter the size, combined with the gifts of hundreds of other supporters will help artists realize ambitious projects, make it possible for thousands of students to explore contemporary art, and so much more.
- Buy Merch: Stop by the ArtPrize Pop-Up Shop at 111 Lyon St NW or your local Meijer Store to pick up ArtPrize 10 merchandise, including commemorative clothing, pint glasses and mugs, a limited edition pillow, and more. You can also shop many items online.
- Volunteer: Join the nearly 1,000 volunteers who step forward to welcome hundreds of thousands of visitors to ArtPrize each fall. We couldn't do it without you.
- Share Your Story: What’s your favorite memory from the event? Is there a piece of artwork that’s moved you, challenged you, brought you to tears? How do you think ArtPrize has changed our community? How has your relationship with art changed since visiting the event? Help us celebrate 10 years of ArtPrize—share your story.
Thank You Sponsors
Support from our corporate sponsors represented our largest source of revenue in 2017, accounting for 58% of ArtPrize’s $3.5 million operating budget. This support, combined with individual giving, retail sales and more makes ArtPrize possible each year.By Media on