Welcome to your ArtPrize Newsletter. The ArtPrize Newsletter exists to keep you in the loop — delivering the ArtPrize scoop to your inbox during Preview Week and throughout 19-day event. It's a one-stop info package, offering a concise overview of what to look forward to during the week and weekend, and handy tips to help you make the most of your visit.
What Can I Do This Week (Sept. 12-18)?
Today marks the beginning of ArtPrize 10 Preview Week. In the coming week before the 19-day event is officially underway, there's plenty to see and do — from getting a behind-the-scenes look at artists in action, to attending events, artist talks, exhibition openings and more:
- Check out artists installing their work across the ArtPrize District.
- Tune in to our Facebook Live interviews with grant-winning artists.
- Download the ArtPrize 10 mobile app, free for iOS and Android.
- Snag free tickets to any of 7 film screenings through ArtPrize On Screen, produced by Studio C and presented by the Michigan Film & Digital Media Office.
- Sign up to volunteer with our team.
- Get a sneak peek of ArtPrize exhibitions and attend an event or two during Preview Week.
- Enjoy 90 pieces of jury-selected art pieces, and jumpstart your collection, at All Art Works Fall 2018.
What's the Latest News?
- The ArtPrize 10 mobile app makes voting super easy.
- The ArtPrize team offers 10 tips to have an amazing experience at ArtPrize 10.
- Rosa Parks Circle transforms into the ArtPrize Visitor Pavilion.
- ArtPrize Artist Week offers six professional development opportunities to artists — whether they’re participating in ArtPrize 10 or not.
- Take a look at ArtPrize from a non-artist perspective
- See why ArtPrize is one of 5 Activities You Don't Want to Miss in September
- Get details on Meijer Gardens’ partnership with DisArt for their ArtPrize 10 exhibition.
- Have kids ages 13-18? Find out how you can volunteer together at ArtPrize.
Photo: Taro Takizawa installing "Enchanted Moments" at the Grand Rapids Public Museum.
How Can Kids Get Involved?
Calling all kid artists! ArtPrize offers an array of FREE activities for families and kids of all ages to participate in.
- Take your little ones out to enjoy watching artists install their work throughout Preview Week! Stop by, say hi, and get to know more about the creative minds who contribute to the transformation of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Daily activities for kids of all ages will commence September 19 and will run throughout the entire event. Plan ahead by visiting artprize.org/learn to see what interactive activities are in store for ArtPrize 10.
Photo: "A.N.T.S." by Justin La Doux at Gerald R Ford Presidential Museum.
What's Everyone Sharing?
ArtPrize is all about exploring new perspectives, creating lasting memories and enjoying captivating art. Show us what pieces move you, strike you as unique or are just visually appealing by tagging your photos with #ArtPrize10. We’re ready to share the ArtPrize visitor experience one picture at a time!
Above is a snapshot of ArtPrize 10, shot by these Instagrammers:
How Can I Support ArtPrize?
ArtPrize is a nonprofit organization. Your support helps the event thrive year-over-year, elevating the artists, venues and educators that create a world-class exhibition and generate learning opportunities for all.
Below are a couple ways you can support ArtPrize this fall and year-round:
- Donate: Help someone else create an unforgettable experience at ArtPrize and build memories to last a lifetime. Your gift, no matter the size, combined with the gifts of hundreds of other supporters will help artists realize ambitious projects, make it possible for thousands of students to explore contemporary art, and so much more.
- Buy Merch: Stop by the ArtPrize Pop-Up Shop at 111 Lyon St NW or your local Meijer Store to pick up ArtPrize 10 merchandise, including commemorative clothing, pint glasses and mugs, a limited edition pillow, and more. You can also shop many items online.
- Volunteer: Join the nearly 1,000 volunteers who step forward to welcome hundreds of thousands of visitors to ArtPrize each fall. We couldn't do it without you.
- Share Your Story: What’s your favorite memory from the event? Is there a piece of artwork that’s moved you, challenged you, brought you to tears? How do you think ArtPrize has changed our community? How has your relationship with art changed since visiting the event? Help us celebrate 10 years of ArtPrize—share your story.
Photo: SLO Architecture installing "Harvest Dome 3.0" near the Grand River.
Thank You Sponsors:
Support from our corporate sponsors represented our largest source of revenue in 2017, accounting for 58% of ArtPrize’s $3.5 million operating budget. This support, combined with individual giving, retail sales and more makes ArtPrize possible each year.By Media on