ArtPrize is the world's largest art competition.
In 2012 ArtPrize awarded $560,000 in prizes. $360,000 awarded by public vote, $200,000 awarded by a select group of art experts.
See the 2012 Winners
What makes ArtPrize unique?
- Open Call: Anyone over the age of 18 can be an artist; any space in the ArtPrize district can be a venue.
- Independently Organized: Artists and Venues register and connect on artprize.org. Once connected, they organize their individual show. The ArtPrize organization does not select any of the art or the venues that make up the exhibition.
- Public Vote: The top award, $200,000 is decided by public vote.
The Public Vote
Anyone over the age of 16 can register to vote. Votes are cast on artprize.org, via text message and mobile application.
• Round 1 (Sept. 18 – Sept. 28): 11 days to explore ArtPrize and vote for the entries you think should win.
• Round 2 (Sept. 29 – Oct. 3): 5 days to cast one vote for your favorite of the Top 10 entries.
The Juried Awards
Juried art competitions have long been an important component of the contemporary art world. They have amplified the voice of leading art experts and catapulted the careers of the world’s most renowned artists.
New for ArtPrize 2012, a $100,000 Juried Grand Prize, put ArtPrize on par with the world’s major juried art competitions. ArtPrize also awards five additional $20,000 Juried Awards in the following categories: 2-D, 3-D, Urban Space, Time/Performance and Venue.